Aftab Shivdasani tests COVID19 negative

Actor Aftab Shivdasani’s life took an unwanted turn around September 11 when he tested COVID19 positive. At that time, he had just completed his pending professional commitments and was geared up to fly back to London to be with his wife and newborn daughter.

“I couldn’t believe it. It took five minutes to register that I had really tested positive and my plans, which were perfectly on schedule, would now have to wait. Gradually, it settled in and the doctors told me that the infection was mild. I was advised home isolation and routine monitoring by the doctors, which was a relief. The last thing anyone wants to do is go to a hospital right now. With adequate medical supervision, I have now tested negative,” says Aftab. The actor received his medical reports last evening which stated that he has recovered from the infection.

Grateful. ❤️✨🙏🏼

Om Sai Ram.

Allah Malik.

Aftab adds, “I am back to feeling normal and it feels fantastic to have finally tested negative. This entire process taught me that one has to be patient while battling this infection. It’s symptoms are like FLU but you can’t ignore them. I went through rounds of tests periodically to check if the infection had subsided and eventually, wiped out of my system. Waiting for the test reports is the real test. In a few days, I started getting asymptomatic and gradually, I’ve recovered. Antibiotics can really weaken your system while battling the infection. The idea is to build strong immunity, have ample vitamin c and zinc to ensure that you have less chances of getting infected. That is the only way to protect yourself from this experience.”

Aftab is now waiting for the doctors to clear him for travelling to London. “I cannot wait to hold my baby in my arms. She’s two months old now and I am a month late in being able to be with her. These days just fly and I don’t want to miss a single moment of seeing my daughter grow up. I am a bag of emotions each time I see her and my wife on video calls. Thank god for technology. I can’t wait to be with them. I have to give it to Nin for holding fort so well. I am just waiting for the doctors to green-signal my travel plans. Children grow up so fast. Thankfully, I am not expected to start work before November. So, I do have time on hand. I want to be a hands-on father and share the responsibility with Nin. As for bringing them back home in India, I think that will wait for a few more months. I don’t want to risk the baby or the mother’s health in the current scenario.”