Ram Charan

Looks like the release date of RRR is likely to be postponed and it seems to be inevitable. In a recent interview with a popular daily, the producer of the Rs 400 crore budgeted project, DVV Danayya stated that it’s nearly impossible to release the film on Sankranthi as there is a lot of pending work to be done. “Nearly 70% shoot has been wrapped up. The remaining 30% and the post-production formalities are yet to kick-off,” said the producer.

“It the government can give us the necessary permissions, we’re ready to go on sets with a limited crew. However, with the extensive VFX works needing considerate amount of time, it’s highly unlikely for RRR to have a Sankranthi release,” added Danayya. He also revealed that SS Rajamouli is planning something interesting for Junior NTR’s fans on the latter’s birthday.

Set against the pre-independence era of the 1920s, RRR (Roudram Ranam Rudhiram) is a fictitious story based on two legendary freedom fighters, Alluri Seetharamaraju and Komaram Bheem. While Ram Charan is playing the younger version of the former, Junior NTR will be seen as the latter. Besides Alia Bhatt, Ajay Devgn and Samuthirakani, the period actioner features several foreign actors like Olivia Morris, Alison Doody and Ray Stevenson in pivotal roles. The massive multi-starrer is scheduled for a massive release on January 8, 2021.